Skilled Healthcare International Recruitment provides a Home Care health service in the patient’s place of residence for the purpose of promoting, maintaining, or restoring health or minimizing the effects of illness and disability.
Service may include such elements as:
- dental and nursing care
- speech and physical therapy
- homemaking services of a home health aide
- provision of transportation.
The nature and extent of care needed and the ability of the patient’s family and friends to assume responsibility for that care are assessed. Nursing may be provided by a registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, or home health aide. Some hospitals have home care services that include regular visits by a nurse and a physician to patients in the home.
Types of Home Care
Homecare comes in many forms and has many names used to describe it.
Homecare can suit you if you need:
- personal care, such as washing or dressing
- housekeeping or domestic work, such as vacuuming
- cooking or preparing meals
- nursing and health care
Homecare can be very flexible, in order to meet your needs, and SHIR team will be able to provide some or all of these options for the duration of your care:
- long-term 24-hour care
- short breaks for an unpaid family carer
- emergency care
- day care
- sessions ranging from 15-minute visits to 24-hour assistance
For further information on Home Care, or any of the services that we can provide for you, please contact us in the following ways: